The best way to return to blogging after almost three months would be to recap for all of you the major events that happened during this period that I was away. So here it is in my favorite unordered list format:
- I was feeling low for few weeks in Jan-Feb and I reached the conclusion that I was going through a quarter-life crisis. I don’t exactly know what caused it but without wasting too much time, I decided to do what I generally suggest people to do in such situations. Yeah, I decided to get over it and the best way was to do something that would make me feel good about myself and keep me busy.
- This brings me to the second significant event – I joined the gym! Yes, after contemplating doing it for years, I finally did it! And I like working out. I don’t understand why I didn’t do it earlier. Its been over a month since I started working out and I’ve already moved to a bigger, better gym. And I do feel better now than I used to around two months back.
- One of the major developments is also something I consider to be a significant achievement of mine. After months of fighting a losing battle with Tata Indicom broadband, I finally won the war. They replaced their copper wiring with optical fiber cable in my area just for my connection. Now isn’t that something! Of course, I showed my gratitude by upgrading my plan.
- After using Wikipedia extensively for a long time, I finally decided to give something back to it and have since become an active contributor. I generally stick to what I’m good at – Television and Movies – and looking at the low standard of most India related articles of these fields, there’s a serious need of more contributors like me (If I may say so!). And being somebody who is a good follower of rules, I am good at finding, tagging and sometimes fixing violations of policies.
- Once my broadband connection started working properly, I realized the power of torrents. I started downloading lots of movies that I wanted to watch and soon I was addicted. I now download at least 4-5 movies a week and since its really hot during the daytime nowadays, my weekends are spent watching these movies rather than going out. I’ve seen dozens of movies in the last few months and I will start writing a new kind of posts in which I would review three movies with some similarity. I think such posts would keep the blog alive in case I do not wish to write anything personal for some reason so that the blog doesn’t run the risk of being abandoned again.
- Last but not the least, I completed one year at my new (don’t think I can call it that anymore!) job. The going’s been good so far. Hoping it would be even better in the second year.
And I’m sure I must have already left a comment or two on the blogs I used to read. If not, expect one very soon.